[time-nuts] DDS'ery

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Mon Jun 20 15:15:41 UTC 2011

The jitter when taking only the MSB is same as the DDS clock period. I
don't think that squaring the filtered sinewave you will get that jitter
(of course, if you square the sinewave with no filtering, you will get
the same jitter that taking only the MSB). In fact, it is the reason
that AD9850/AD9851 include a comparator instead of just an MSB output.

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com