[time-nuts] No more 60Hz, How do I discipline 120VAC 60Hz from a UPS

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sun Jun 26 01:03:44 UTC 2011

Filament transformers do not saturate at normal input voltages. They only
saturate if the peak flux, integral of VdT, exceeds the acceptable value
for the core.

What does limit the current is the voltage sag due to the properly scaled
sum of primary and secondary leakage inductance plus resistance.

-John

[snip]