[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Mon Jun 27 00:52:03 UTC 2011

Will,

What you describe does NOT make sense.  When you say nuetral or ground do you
mean a second wire ?  Surely you do not mean they are using the earth (dirt) as a
return path ?  That would be terribly inefficient !  Equally, if the 220 center
tap is earthed along with one side of the higher voltage from the primary side of
the transformer, then I could see where some serious issues if the return path
gets interrupted but the center tap and return line from the transformer are
still connected.

If I am understanding what you are saying, such a layout would not provide a very
reliable operation for the last drop point if it is a very long run.

Just how long are these single wire runs ?  Do you know what the voltage is on
that top wire ?

Could you clarify this a bit more ?

Bill....WB6BNQ