[time-nuts] Battery for Odetics GPStar

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Jun 27 17:50:09 UTC 2011

I tried the procedure given in the manual to initialize an
Odetics GPStar.  After a while it thought it was in Oz
because the satellites it was looking for were in that
region, not here.

So I cycled the power and put into SR mode.  It eventually
sorted things out and appears to be cheerfully chugging
along since.

The unit has a dead 3.6 volt soldered in battery.
Would a 3 volt replaceable battery be enough or is
the last 0.6 volts vital?

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com