[time-nuts] Battery for Odetics GPStar

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:24:11 UTC 2011

You should use a lithium at 3.6 volts there is a switching diode that drops
.6 v so it sort of does matter. Essentially because at 3.6-.6 you are in the
sweet spot of the battery life. At least the way the odetics thinks about
it.
3 volts - .6 is 2.4 v and thats close to the 2.3 v considered to be a dead
battery.
I would bet however the odetics could actually go a lot further then that.
Just a guess though.
I had to replace my lithium and picked up 4 at a hamfest for $2 or less.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL