[time-nuts] Transformer design.

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:36:51 UTC 2011

Without meaning to sound sassy, Brooke, let me assure you that there is
nothing "just" about it.  While in high school I built quite a large Tesla
coil with a 16kv, 60ma neon transformer, a pressurized air-quenched spark
gap, a huge variac, and a bank of 50 .15mfd (I think they were .15mfd--that
was a long time ago--capacitors.  The finished product, in addition to being
dangerous as hell to the careless operator could be heard more than a block
away and generated enough hash to bring TV and radio reception to a halt in
the whole neighborhood.

And that isn't even a big one...

So, no, it isn't magic and yes, it is an RF transformer with the primary and
secondary in resonance but, believe me, it is not "just" a transformer.

Bill