[time-nuts] noise of a 5370
jln at stben.net
Sat Mar 12 10:26:48 UTC 2011
I have a question for you guys.
I am currently fixing a 5370B and when I check the internal noise I got
23.2pS I think it is a bit too much.
Could you check yours noise?
1) Connect a cable between the rear panel FREQ STD OUT to front panel START
2) Set the input impedances at 50 ohms
3) Attenuator switches at /1
4) AC/DC switches to DC
5) Input slope switches to positive (high)
6) Level controls to preset
7) START COM
8) display rate fully clockwise
9) SAMPLE SIZE 10K
10) STATISTICS STD DEV
I got 23.2ps with 2ps unstability.
Is that OK?
Thanks for your help.
More information about the time-nuts