[time-nuts] JJY 40, Fukushima

David t_list_1_only at braw.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 13:50:52 UTC 2011

I've not seen it mentioned but VLF time stations are on topic here. I
saw that the  Mount Ootakadoya VLF (40kHz) transmitter in Fukushima
prefecture is off air :

"Time Signal. 50kW. Transmission is stopped since 10h46 UT on March 12,
2011 because of the evacuation of the area around the Fukushima Nuclear
Power Station damaged by the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami JJY-40."

(http://sidstation.loudet.org/stations-list-en.xhtml)

Although inland, the station is close to the Fukushima Daiichi power
plant so it's going to be down for a while, best wishes to the folk who
operate the transmitter.

http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/e/sys/fees/purpose/other/index.htm