[time-nuts] Monitoring Oscilator current

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Sun Oct 2 00:31:01 UTC 2011

Folks,

I have a Rakon double oven oscillator that runs on 12vdc.  It has an
internal reference of 8 volts which is being used with a resistor divider
and 150 ohm wire wound pot for EFC.

I was just wondering if it might be possible, by inserting an accurate
current meter in series with the power supply lead to:

A) Ascertain when either of the ovens is coming on or off.   I think these
are proportional ovens so I would be looking for gradual increases and
decreases in current.

B) If I might compare that information with TimeLab phase plots to see any
possible correlation?

 Does this sound feasible?

Paul A. Cianciolo
W1VLF
http://www.rescueelectronics.com/
Our business computer network is  powered exclusively by solar and wind
power.
Converting Photons to Electrons for over 20 years