[time-nuts] [Solved] Looking for multiple PPS timestamp logging

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 01:55:32 UTC 2011

On 10/3/11 5:20 PM, Neville Michie wrote:

> > That looks like a great solution for monitoring oscillators/GPSDOs.
> > Where to find an application that inputs RS232 and writes a file?
>

> Hyperterm?
> Minicom?

> in a DOS box:
> mode COMn:9600,n,8,1
> copy COMn filename

> You could suffer great mental pain and use one of the various .NET flavors, each of which has a different interface to the com ports,
> and crank out something in Visual C# Express Edition.

Or you could suffer less mental pain, and use C++ boost to get a cleaner interface to the com port. Works cross platform too, which cannot be said for the .NET serial stuff.

But for reading from com port and writing to file I'd say keep it simple. Which translates to your minicom suggestion or even the copy-in-a-dosbox on windoze, and just catting /dev/ttyS0 to your favorite file or pipe on linux.

regards,
Fred