[time-nuts] Measuring ADEV using TBolt-Tic tester

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 19:20:37 UTC 2011

Thanks Tom very interesting.

I like your guess on how they get such a low noise for the PPT data.
I would like to know why they would go to the trouble, because I don't see
anywhere that information is used except for the PPT output.
Alos the Tbolt's PPT freq data, long term is usually offset by a couple of
parts in e-12 on LH plots.
Any reason you know of why it would bottom out long term, beside software
rounding?
I see this in LH plots as well as the ADEV plot.

Is there anyway to get the M12+t's 1 sec resolution down below 1ns?
I'd expect the Tbolt and M12+t to be the same over the long-term (say hours
to one day), or even a few minutes, the noise should be completely dominated
by the GPS and not by the engine of a good receiver by then.

The Satellite switching phase jumps gets much worse with a poor antenna set
up, such as if the location is not set right or there is mutipath etc, etc.
I got mine down from what use to be 10 ns to around 1/2 ns.
I would like to see how low that noise is with a near "perfect" antenna
setup using a choke ring etc, to know how much more improving I still need
to try for.

ws