[time-nuts] Cable delay correction for Tbolt Cs substitude

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 17:32:45 UTC 2011

Anyone know what the propagation delay temperature coefficient is for RG6U coax and how much it varies between different brands of cable?

In my efforts to improve the Tbolt's performance to make it into a better Cs substitute,
test suggest that the temperature coefficient of the antenna lead-in cable's propagation delay is contributing to diurnal errors.

Anyone have a idea for a SIMPLE & cheap voltage controlled delay line that can be changed by a few ns as a function of the outside air temperature?

As an alternative,  Mark, want to consider adding another LadyHeather feature that tweaks the Tbolt's cable delay value as a function of the outside temperature?
If interested, I have a couple ideas of how to get the outside temperature to LadyHeather.

ws