[time-nuts] Measuring ADEV using TBolt-Tic tester

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 16 22:26:34 UTC 2011

Hi Warren,

> Something to be careful about when doing what you suggest is that the two
> Tbolts will not switch birds at the same time, so need to not use that
> part of the data if you want to remove the effect of the GPS. Treat that
> part like outliners.

Right that is a problem when looking at combined measurements. If you use
per satellite measurements instead, ie 'Clock bias per satellite' in
0x8F-A7 or doppler in 0x5A, then you are fine as long as you compare
'Common view' satellites. What is nice is also that you can use all
satellites that are tracked on both receivers.

The 2Tbolt-system is really a degenerated Common View time transfer
system, with both receivers beening colocated and using the same GPS
antenna signal.

Moving the receivers to different time-nut labs, we have a traditional
time-transfer system. Where we perhaps only lack L2 measurements, compared
to the serious time tranfer systems used by national labs.

     http://tf.nist.gov/time/commonviewgps.htm

--

    Björn