[time-nuts] Common View Tbolt-Tic

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 19 07:05:50 UTC 2011

What do you see when you look at the ADEV of a Tbolt in the Disabled
state?  To me it looks like an ordinary OCXO.  In my case, the aging
looks like about 5E-10 per day.  The Tbolt book doesn't say much about
the Disabled state.  Is it possible that the Disabled state means
'Disable the GPS and pretend that it's just an OCXO'?  If so, this is
not the mode you want to be in for a Common View test.  By comparison,
the ADEV of a Tbolt in the TPLL mode looks a lot like a bare GPS
receiver.  Would that work better for what you want to do?

By the way, regarding Glonass receivers, did you see that there's a
relatively cheap Glonass/GPS bare receiver board (not a GPSDO) on eBay?
Item # 300287488541 .  Be warned, a quick Google search suggests that
the RS-232 output is in an unknown format.

Ed