[time-nuts] HP10811-60111 oven failure + repair

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Fri Oct 21 14:29:18 UTC 2011

On 10/21/2011 2:47 AM, Achim Vollhardt wrote:

> I had a 24V, 1.5A polyfuse at hand which was soldered in parallel to
> the existing fuse. 1.5A seems a bit large,
Achim, you have replaced a thermal fuse with a current fuse.  You could
have just used a piece of plain wire.  Indeed in past discussions of
these ovens this has been suggested as  solution...

There has been extensive discussion of this fuse in the past; I think it
was here, but it may have been on the -hp- list of course.

I had a 10811 that lost a thermocouple, that was a tricky one :^)

Dan