[time-nuts] SLIP vs Ethernet for NTP

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 12:37:11 UTC 2011

I seriously doubt that piping it through slip is going to help. You still get to deal with slip + tcp protocol stack. I would expect gbit ethernet with possibly some fifo/buffering setting adjusted gets you better performance that RS232 (with or without slip). Just assemble some raw frames on the source side and go.

regards
Fred