[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:37:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Magnus Danielson
<magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Once the imaginary axis is introduced, you can also expect complex numbers
> for mass. But really, it is not the explanation I would expect to turn out
> true.

I suspect it IS true.  I too don't like the idea of a complex number
value for physical qualities like mass.    I'd rather accept that mass
and so on is a "normal" vector with components that are all "real".  I
suspect that the imaginary component does in fact exist in nature and
in this case is not just a mathematical construct.

There is an "easy" way for these complex numbers to physically exist
without radically changing our view of the universe or tossing out
known physics.   The simplest change is this:   Let the three
dimensions of space be i, j, k.  Each has an axis that is a line with
huge length, possibly infinite.  So far Issac Newton agrees.  But now
what if there is a fourth axis "l" but it's not a line. It is a
circle.  A circle with radius far to small to detect with current
methods.   All particles now have four spacial coordinates but the
value of the fourth hardly matters because we really don't care where
in the universe you are if the universe is a only (say)  1E-1000
meters across.

Next we argue if the extra dimension is a trick to avoid the
unpleasantness of complex physical values or if  complex physical
values are a trick to avoid having to accept the existence of higher
dimensions.

If you accept the "l" dimension as real it also might explains why
neutrinos don't interact with matter much. The answer is they do if
they happen to bump into any matter but that seldom happens.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California