[time-nuts] C-Max Receiver Experiment

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 31 06:54:29 UTC 2011

> It would be interesting to know what the analogue signal looks like, as
> many pieces of electrical and electronic equipment can radiate
> significantly on those frequencies.

60 KHz, AM Modulated, low bandwidth.  Google will find the details at NIST's
web site.

Likely sources of interference are displays and switching power supplies.

I think most modern switching supplies are now higher frequency.  Beware of
fluorescent lights.  5 or 10 years ago, the ones in the lab where I worked
were roughly 50 KHz.