[time-nuts] HP quality... a HP5065A experience

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Sat Sep 10 17:26:30 UTC 2011

That is not a unique incident.

I'm interested in LASER Interferometry. Attached is a pic I took of an HP
5529A LASER head.

(Aside: If anybody is interested, there is a Yahoo Group for LASER
Interferometer fans)

Note the two leads to CR5 near the top, center of the pic. They go to a
feedback photocell and obviously have never been trimmed or soldered.

The unit ran fine that for several months before suddenly failing.
Soldering the leads fixed the LASER head.

Best,

-John

=========