[time-nuts] GPS Antenna

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:19:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Azelio Boriani
<azelio.boriani at screen.it> wrote:
> Yes, if you are at 55 degrees (N or S) you have satellites at most straight
> on your head and I think you must start facing just south, say, at 70
> degrees and beyond. I'm in Italy at 45 degrees north (JN55BK QTH locator) so
> no such a problem.

Yes, you certainly have no problem.  But look and I bet that you see
more GPS satellites to the south than to the north.    This whole
thing came up in the context of an indoor GPS receiver looking out a
window.  Question was if you can choose any window which is "best".

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California