[time-nuts] OCXO settling

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Wed Sep 14 21:34:48 UTC 2011

Murray,
Thank you.

>> When an OCXO is unpowered for some time, it undergoes a further ageing
process when it starts up next. This is specified in some data sheets, and
can typically require an hour of burn-in for each day left unpowered before
specifications are met.

This is one thing I was curious about.  I am asking these questions because
I am working with a Rakon/C-MaC  double oven OCXO.
As I make changes to the power supply, cabinet, EFC power supply,
surrounding this OCXO, I wondered  how long to let the unit run before I run
a standard test on it using TimeLab.
Maybe 2 days would be a good compromise?

Paul A. Cianciolo
W1VLF
http://www.rescueelectronics.com/

"Time is relative"  Abert Einstien circa 1950
"Relatives use up all my time"  Lisa Cianciolo circa 1983