[time-nuts] Averaging Location for Position Hold

Michael Perrett mkperrett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 22:46:08 UTC 2011

I was speaking in terms of the user. The point I was trying to make is that
if the user had a map, chart or simply a set of three dimensional
coordinates created from one datum, then that user had better use the same
datum or position errors will be evident. The Z direction is typically used
by navigators to indicate vertical direction, an example of this is when
using the north, east, down (NED) references in an inertial reference frame.

Michael