[time-nuts] Synchronisizing a 100MHz TCXO with Tbold, pse help

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Sep 19 14:44:15 UTC 2011

> but of course: Whatever algorithms you put into your after-the-fact
> software correction will have an influence similar to a hardware PLL.

Chris,

I'm curious about this. What are the inherent limits of each
approach? One difference comes to mind -- with a software
post-processing solution you get the benefit of being able to
see samples in both the past and future. A hardware PLL
works in real-time with data from the past.

/tvb