[time-nuts] From Sundials to Atomic Clocks

Rob Kimberley timing.consultants at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 19 16:58:46 UTC 2011

Some history for you on this...

The original idea came from Dr Jim Barnes who was head of T&F at NBS (NIST).
The idea was not well received from some quarters at NBS as it was "too
simplistic", and not "technical enough".

Jim later worked for Austron and was there as Chief Scientific Officer when
I worked for them in the mid-80s.

I agree with you, a great read!

Rob