[time-nuts] LightSquared on FOX

Jose Camara camaraq1 at quantacorp.com
Tue Sep 20 15:06:07 UTC 2011

In the Silicon Valley there is enough money going around that would finance
Solyndra, Tesla, or any technology good enough to convince venture
capitalists they are profitable. Google, Apple don't know where to put their
money. If Solyndra was feasible, it would not have had to get our money
(there is no such thing as government money).

I wish we'd get an itemized statement for our tax money, like we get for
property taxes (library 0.2%, city 0.8%, etc.). People are very reactive to
a $10 increase in their cable bill, and check thoroughly the restaurant
check, but charges like $2500 per person per year go unnoticed.  Would a
family of four prefer a $10k luxury vacation or a war in Iraq? Or perhaps
lobby towards more money to education, now 7x smaller than what goes towards
tanks?

Anyway, this is now 2 degrees of separation from time-nuts.