[time-nuts] HP 10811 Response I Replies

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Sep 23 03:37:57 UTC 2011

On 9/22/2011 4:17 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:
> You had a leak. If epoxy was really as bad as you indicate,
> it would not be usable for holding pressure, or mild vacuum,
> and yet it is. Somehow, someway you left a big hole in the
> bucket.
>
> -Chuck Harris

Soda pop bottles hold pressure for years.  Vacuum packed
nuts hold vacuum for years.  I hope you're not going to
tell me that therefore those containers are hermetic.
Maybe we screwed up the epoxy somehow, although we tried
re-epoxying several times just in case of that.

In any event, an unsealed 10811 was humidity sensitive
according to our tests.

Rick