[time-nuts] Fast than light neutrino

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 08:30:32 UTC 2011

Fiber has to follow the curvature of the earth I do not think neutrinos
do.  Bert

In a message dated 9/25/2011 4:08:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

On  25/09/11 08:35, Javier Serrano wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 1:36 AM,  Magnus Danielson<
> magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org>   wrote:
>

>> I was about to ask for the specific  papers of time calibrations, even if
>> the overview presentation  indicates that the verification steps I
expect to
>> be there have  been done. Also the path calibrations needs to be
described
>> more  in detail than in the paper.
>>

> I'll discuss with  Pablo to see how we can put more stuff on the  web.
>

>> First thought was that someone  forgot to compensate for GPS antenna
cable
>>  delays.
>>

> We did not forget. The two GPS calibration  campaigns (zero baseline and
> portable receiver) were done with antenna  and antenna cable included.

I assumed so from the statements relating  to time, in particular the PTB
time transfer test proving a 2,3 ns  difference. Which still doesn't
satisfy my curiosity.

A 60 ns  offset between the sites would account for the "missing time".
Similarly a  18 m shorter distance would also account for the "missing
time". Due to  the large distance I would start in that end to ensure it
works.

This article puts focus into precission time-transfer  between two sites.

>> Do you have direct fiber  between the locations?
>>

> You mean between CERN and  Gran Sasso? No, but that's certainly something
we
> could explore for  the future.

A fiber-based time-transfer would be nice complementary as  it would
provide an independent timing  path.

Cheers,
Magnus