[time-nuts] Fast than light neutrino

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Sep 25 08:41:41 UTC 2011

In message <CAHBYzfTXMdD3onFJxAMQN==jv1LRLh1s7enWNrVZLhjOv6peuA at mail.gmail.com>, Javier Serrano wr
ites:

>> Do you have direct fiber between the locations?
>
>You mean between CERN and Gran Sasso? No, but that's certainly something we
>could explore for the future.

700km is too far to expect a dark fiber to do much good for you,
unless it is an erbium repeatered sea-bed type of fiber you lay
down yourself.

Two conventionally repeatered fibres, one in each direction, would be
a heck of a calibration task, requiring cooperation from a lot of
telco people to switch directions for the calibration, and even more
unlikely, that the telco people keep their hands off after the calibration.