[time-nuts] GPS Interference Question

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:49:31 UTC 2011

Right. The fixed location apps are not all that hard. But the mobile
ones are going to be a big problem.

Not to mention getting them certified for the application. The GPS you
have in your car is not certified for life critical applications. The
one I have in my ambulance is. And let's not even get into commercial
flight certification. A technical issue, but one verging on politics.

To answer your question #3, it is one of two specific kinds of
attenuator. Generally a band-pass (passes the GPS frequency only) or
notch filter (attenuates the undesired frequency only). As Jim said,
these things don't only impact the desired frequency. For more
information, take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-pass_filter

Short answer, yes it can be done, in a limited set of applications.
Until you reach layer 8.

Bob