[time-nuts] ANFSCD - Synchronizing time in home video recorders

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Feb 2 03:15:04 UTC 2012

And now for something completely different:

Here I am with all of this precision time equipment, and I still
have to manually set time on the Digital Video Recorders (DVR)
because the TV channels that used to send a time code that the
DVR understood no longer do so. Seems like it died when digital
broadcasting replaced analog.

Does anyone know how to make the DVR act as if it is seeing a
code with the correct time of day?

Failing that, can the crystal that determines time for the DVR
be adjusted?

Surely, some time-nut has solved this problem . . .

Bill Hawkins

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its
pupils."   Hector Berlioz, before 1869