[time-nuts] HP5334B with 10544 OCXO

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 3 12:30:22 UTC 2012

Rick
Thanks again for your comments on the 10544 OCXO installation in a 5334B
counter. My initial result was because of my haste to check the working of
the OCXO, and obviously both oscillators were operative. The Service Manual
gives clear instructions for a customer "retro" installation which I hope to
carry out over the week-end. I thought that you had also made some comment
that the power supply was somewhat "stretched" by this addition, (voltage
droop), but that was sometime ago, and perhaps it did not apply to the
5334B.  It would seem to be OK,and the power transformer runs very cool.
Regards
Roy