[time-nuts] Entering Altitude for Thunderbolt

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Feb 12 19:08:55 UTC 2012

Hi Warren --

Thanks for the hint about looking for phase jumps.

I just changed the altitude from my initial entry based on MSL altitude to GPS altitude and that made about an 80 - 90 nanosecond change in PPS compared to the other units, and in the right direction (brought the Tbolt closer to the others).

So a very tentative guess is that it should be entered as GPS, which in the US is always lower than the MSL version.

What I'm trying to do today is get all the devices using the same coordinates and then compare their offsets to one another.  My goal is to reduce the uncertainty in my realization of GPS time down to less than 50 nanoseconds.  Don't want to be late to work, you know. :-)

John