[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Feb 20 18:41:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:52:39 -0800
"WarrenS" <warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Recording high speed and/or long general purpose raw Osc data, the file can become very large.
> I'm looking for a simple, fast and easy (and cheap) way to transfer large compressed data files of up to say a 100 MB between time-nuts.
> I know there are all kinds places one can store large files that others can then have access to,  so I do not want to use the "OLD" way of breaking it up into many small pieces.
> I do not need to do this very often, so I do not want to sign up for any long term thing or maintain a Friends or face book type thing,
> I'm just looking for an easy, temporary way (say lasting up to a week each) to transfer a few big files that are too large to email.

How about using bittorrent? There are multiple free trackers out there,
which can handle the coordination between the nodes, if you don't want
to run your own (e.g. [1]).

Alternatively, i could host the files as long as the traffic stays
below a couple 10GB/month.

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://openbittorrent.com/

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?