[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Mon Feb 20 21:26:18 UTC 2012

Dave M wrote:
>> Time-nuts are welcome to use:
>>
>>  http://www.c-c-i.com/exchange/
>>
>> to exchange files.
>>
>> As the name says, the page is there to exchange files.  The normal use
>> would be to upload your file, tell people about it, let them download
>> it, then delete it.
>>
>> Please note that the page is completely public.  Anyone that knows
>> about it (not many folks, actually) can see your files, download them,
>> and delete them.
>>
>> Note the restriction on file types.  Zip, gz, and tgz, among others,
>> are supported.
>>
>> I would ask that after you have made a file available for a reasonable
>> time that you go to the page and delete it. If you only want to make
>> the file available to one person, ask them to delete it after they
>> download it.
>>
>> If a file remains there more than a few weeks I may delete it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Bob Smither, PhD    Circuit Concepts, Inc.
>
> Bob, Thanks for the upload space, but when I go there, I don't see a box
> to enter the name of the file that I want to download, not a button to
> push that lets me download it.  All I see on the page is a button to
> delete a file, a Browse box and button to upload a file.  What am I
> doing wrong?

Use the "Browse..." to browse on your computer for the file to upload.  That
button should open a file 'browser' window on your computer.  Find and select
the file on your computer that you want to upload and click Open (or whatever
your file browser says).  After the path and filename for your file is in the
Browse box, then press the "Upload Your File" button to do the upload.

Your browser (net browser, not file browser :-) should indicate a 'Loading'
state.  After the file upload completes you will see a verification screen.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.

  The average American spends more to fund government than to buy food,
  clothing, and shelter combined.
  -- Mises Institute, 2002

                   Enough is enough - vote Libertarian
Smither at C-C-I.Com  http://www.C-C-I.Com  281-331-2744(office)  -4616(fax)