[time-nuts] OP-Amps for 10MHz distribution...?

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Feb 21 06:55:53 UTC 2012

Mike,

op amps for that purpose should be available from a lot of companies. They
are not created all equal. My latest own design of a distribution amp
involves one AD8007 input stage with variable gain and 8 AD8007 output
stages. This design is good for a channel to channel isolation of 90 dB and
an output to input isolation of 113 dB. The AD8007 has VERY small distortion
and I needed to build a lowpass/bandpass filter to measure it because NONE
of my sources (HP3325/HP8660) was clean enough that it could match the
AD8007. The -125 dBm noise floor of my sprectrum analyser were just enough
to see any amplifier produced noise. The power supply design may be as
important as the choice of amplifier.

Best regards
Ulrich Banget