[time-nuts] Rubidium Frequency Standard FE-5680A

Ken Kubick kenkubick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:19:12 UTC 2012

I just baught two FE-5680A Rubidium Frequency Standards.  Both units seem to work just fine.  The units I recieved are mounted to a PCB.  They both run real hot around 58 Deg. C.  Should I put them on heatsinks?  or is this normal?  The data sheet says the temperature range is -5 to +50 deg. C.  I don't want to put a heatsink on them if there is a heater inside that trys to keep them hot at 58 deg. C.

Thankyou

kenkubick at hotmail.com