[time-nuts] Rubidium Frequency Standard FE-5680A

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Feb 22 12:36:56 UTC 2012

Hi

Like any other electronics, Rb's reliability decreases as temperature goes up. There are a lot of parts in there and the vast majority do not need to be heated. Running them hot kills them. Been there and done that with several Rb's.

Put a fan or heat sink on it. You will significantly extend it's life.

Bob