[time-nuts] 5680 performance very first impressions, update

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 23 18:37:06 UTC 2012

Update..   The unit has been running continuously since my last test.   I collected approx 10 hours of data last night and the Adev is slightly better now.   (Approx 1.5 thru 2.0 E-12 from 100 thru 400 seconds.   At 2,000 seconds the Adev is approx 2.6E-12)

I also noticed that the unit is quite sensitive to mechanical shock.

That being said I still believe I got my moneys worth for $40.00

I've also characterized the performance of FTS1050 I am using as a reference and I am fairly certain that the performance of the FTS1050 is well into the 13's at these time periods.

Regards
Mark Spencer