[time-nuts] Schematic capture, anyone?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:57:31 UTC 2012

I used Eagle for years, but can't say I really warmed to it.  I recently
changed to DipTrace.  Their pricing model seems to work better for
me (large but sparse boards in Eagle require $$$ license) as it's based
on pin count, not board size.

It's really hard to quantify usability, but I no longer find myself dreading
drafting a symbol from scratch and things work more like how I would
expect them to work.  I watched their video demo, found that it made a lot
of sense to me, tried it, and was hooked.

http://www.diptrace.com/

Scott