[time-nuts] Super cheap AVR USB boards

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Feb 26 22:42:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:25:48 +0000 (UTC)
cfo <xnews3 at luna.kyed.com> wrote:

> Just ordered 10 of each (max)
> £4
> http://www.modtraders.co.uk/minimus-avr-usb-development-board.html
>
> £6
> http://www.modtraders.co.uk/minimus-32-avr-usb-development-board.html

I you want to do uC development, why not get one of the STM32 Discovery
boards? They come with a USB debuger interface on board, and you have
a 32bit uC to work with. Yes, they are a little bit more expensive
and a bit more bulky then the AVR, but when doing one of a kind
devices, where development time (ie our free time) is at a premium,
the simplification in development a 32bit uC gives you is quite substantial.
(you don't have to worry about limited address space, or limited speed
or limited resources... just use it)

I just bought two STM32F4 discovery boards (the newer Cortex-M4 variant)
from mouser (with a few other stuff) and got free shipping to Switzerland.
It can't get much cheaper than that :-)

				Attila

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?