[time-nuts] Schematic capture, anyone?

Brent Gordon time-nuts at adobe-labs.com
Sun Feb 26 23:56:48 UTC 2012

I've used EAGLE for about ten years.  I strongly agree with what
NeonJohn wrote below.  I don't know if it is still the case, but when I
started using EAGLE all of the library parts were on metric spacing
(including DIPs and SMDs).  This causes all sorts of headaches when
doing a layout on inch spacing; traces don't meet the pads.  I ended up
creating my own libraries using the EAGLE libraries as a guide.  I had
one main library (1_main.lbr) for standard parts and additional
libraries of specialized parts for each project.

Brent