[time-nuts] Power Supply Noise Affects Thunderbolt 1 PPS

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Feb 28 15:57:58 UTC 2012

 From the 1580 data sheet.
"To achieve this dropout, a second low current input voltage 1V greater
than the output voltage, is required."

Like I said, ship it with a battery. ;-)

Then the "normal" part can have a dropout of 1.4V. You can't fight the
physics of the topology. For a NPN pass device, you need a Vbe of a NPN
and at the very least a PNP Vcesat. That is not low dropout, especially
at cold.