[time-nuts] Spectracom 8170 -> SWCC clock

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Jan 22 22:35:34 UTC 2012

Hi:

Synchronizer coil data at:
http://www.prc68.com/I/SWCC.shtml#SC <- old 2 coil sync
and
http://www.prc68.com/I/SWCC2.shtml#SC <- newer single coil sync

The WU central office used a 200 VDC supply and the loop drove a number of series connected sync coils.  A large ceramic
tube variable resistor was used to set the loop current.
It's amazing how much snappier the sync action is when the loop resistance is raised, i.e. shorter time constant/higher
loop voltage.
I think something like a throwaway camera flash circuit could be charged up maybe a minute before the top of the hour
and then dumped into the sync coil a few (TBD) ms prior to the exact top of the hour.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com
http://www.end2partygovernment.com/Brooke4Congress.html