[time-nuts] Some examples of HF frequency smearing`

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Nov 15 21:15:02 EST 2004

In preparation for the ARRL Frequency Measuring Test, yesterday Daun
(N8ASB) and I set up our gear for a practice session.  We were working
just after sunset here in Dayton, but before sunset at the WWV site in
Boulder.

I took some screenshots of the WWV carrier showing how much frequency
variation took place due to propagation effects.  There was almost a
Hertz of frequency shift over a half hour or so period.

I put the screenshots at http://www.febo.com/time-freq/hf/index.html.

John