[time-nuts] RE: HP-85 [was: General Purpose Instrument Troubles]

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Sat Nov 27 18:03:38 EST 2004

Hi guys

I used to have an old HP-85 hulk out in the barn, and also some of the tape
drives (not necessarily from  85's though)
I just went out to see if I had any of them left, but I'm afraid they're gone
now.

What I have seen on many of those is just what you are talking about.. the
rubber in the capstan pinch-roller turns to sticky black mush.  I've got a
couple of serial data analyzers with those in them, and I went to try them out
last year, and it just ate the tapes and made a huge mess!

Daun