[time-nuts] Strange oscillations

Robert Aurand bob at aurand.com
Fri Sep 3 08:07:34 EDT 2004

This could very well be due to a small oscillation in the proportional heater contol circuit, as you say.   I've seen it many times before in OCXO's.   One technique we used to use in production to confirm this was to monitor the oven current simultaneously with the frequency.   Then overlay graphs of the two quantities using the same time scale.   Excel works great for this.   You may need to increase/decrease the scale of one quantity as needed.

Where did you get this OCXO?   A friend recently bought some OCXO's  of different manufacture from EBAY.   At first they seemed OK but every one eventually had jumps.   Most likely they were pulled from equipment for this reason.
73
Bob
K3VOT