[time-nuts] Cesium DOES Drift, not

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Wed Apr 20 11:41:15 EDT 2005

My understanding from talking to the experts is
that no aging, or environmental effects are observable
on the 5071A, and measurements have been made into
the 10^-15 range.  Also, no systematic frequency offset
has been observed down to at least 1x10^-14.  IE,
frequency offset between different 5071A's is randomly
distributed with a mean within 10-14 of laboratory
standards, such as Cs fountains.  Knowing the way we
overdesigned the 5071A, I am not surprised that it
is this good.

Rick Karlquist
(member of 5071A design team)