AW: [time-nuts] Cesium DOES Drift, not

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Apr 20 19:30:26 EDT 2005

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Hubert:
>
> I don't have a degaussing device.  Are the plans to make one available?
>
> Thanks for the idea,
>
> Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

The 4050 has the degaussing coil built in.  I would think that the 4060
would too.  All you have to do is connect a variac to the degaussing terminals,
and slowly ramp the voltage up to the specified value, and then slowly ramp
it back down to zero.

I think Hubert has the right idea.  If your tube is magnetized, the magnetization
will slowly get smaller and smaller until it reaches some minimum value.  While
it is doing this, you will see a drift that changes rate.

-Chuck