[time-nuts] What are people paying for Stanford PRS10 rubidium standards?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Apr 27 03:59:03 EDT 2005

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <426F3E99.5050708 at onetel.net>, David Kirkby writes:
>

>>That does sound dishonest.
>

> A lot of people make the mistake of thinking a good eBay feedback means honest.
>
> It doesn't, it just means "got away with it".

I would agree. Take a look at the feedback of some of the camera dealers
from Honh Kong. They openly say they will under-declare items. Some I
believe put birthday cards in, to make things look like gifts.

eBay feedback is so biased anyway, as anyone that sells anything has an
interest never to give a negative, in case someone else retaliates.

> I find that if I always assume the worst, then I seldom get disappointed, and
> this has generally worked fine for me.

But if you always assume the worst, you would never buy anything on
eBay. I know many people who will not use it at all, as they assume the
worst.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB