[time-nuts] My Drifting Cesium Plot

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Apr 24 16:31:43 EDT 2005

Hi:

I added the data from the 2100T Loran-C receiver on top of the GPS
data.  Note that the LORAN-C receiver has 10 ns minimum increments so
any data near zero ns is just noise and it has the opposite polarity.
The 2100T always starts from zero after a power up or re-sync.  (I've
had two Middletown maintenance shut downs in the past few months).  The
two equations (GPS and Loran) are very similar:

GPS
y = -1.2757x2 + 239.36x - 10186
R2 = 0.9853 based on 4+ weks of data

Loran-C
y = 1.3002x2 - 246.15x + 11654
R2 = 0.9635 based on 2+ weeks of data

with an aging rate for both of -3E-14/day.

The GPS data polarity is arbitary and I have GPS as the T.I. start and
the 1 MHz Cesium as the stop.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
Cs_Drift0424.pdf  Attached